Tuesday 24 February 2015

Aspergers | Achievement #3


Hello there :) 

How is everyone today?! Hope you are all feeling great! Have you been up to anything exciting this week so far or have you got anything exciting planned?! Me and mum travelled up to London yesterday for a trip to Selfridges because we are cool like that! We didn't go to spend money we just wanted to look round and managed to spend over 2 hours on the first floor! There is just so much to look at in there it's a bit overwhelming. Luckily it wasn't very busy so we could look round easily. 

The main reason we went up to London was to go and look around The London School of Beauty, as I want to study to become a MUA (makeup artist). This is going to be a big thing for me as education and learning has always been a struggle for me. The London School of Beauty are able to cater for my specific needs which is fantastic as at last I will be able to start studying in a few weeks for my dream career path. However the school is in London which means I'm really going to have to step outside my comfort zone as I will have to travel to London by myself as mum won't be able to come all that way everyday but I feel ready for the challenge and I'm so passionate about makeup and becoming an MUA that I'm sure it will be worth it and it will be a gigantic achievement at the end of it!

Anyway enough of me rambling on about that! 


So today I thought I would share with you another one of my aspergers achievements, as my plan is to blog them and share them with others so I can look back to see the things I have achieved when things aren't going as well, remember positive thinking is the way forward well that's something I believe anyway. I also hope these posts may help others in similar situations. 

Like I have said in previous posts these achievements may sound silly to some people but to me they are incredibly big things. I have just been away on a lovely holiday to Wales with my family for a week and we had a lovely relaxing week. I'm incredibly grateful for my parents taking me with them on such a nice holiday. Wales is such a beautiful country, I think it's a country anyway, I always get confused with what is a country and what is a county they are spelt so similarly to confuse things further. We stayed in a beautiful house, which felt just like home which was a great thing as I get very unsettled and stressed in an unfamiliar environment but I settled in there almost straight away which meant the holiday went much smoother.

silly wind made me look like a lion!

Now previously when we have been on holiday, because I get stressed at the fact that I am in an unfamiliar environment and we are all together in one place for a period of time and well when I'm unsettled I'm quite good at winding the rest of my family up and starting arguments. Not on purpose I would like to add, I'm not purposefully awkward it's just part of me having aspergers and how it affects me.

These arguments never used to be small arguments, before I was on my current medication, my emotions would just take complete control over me and I would go crazy, I really couldn't help it, however the worst thing about it was that it would ruin our holidays, and I feel so guilty for that now mainly because I would make holidays difficult for my younger brother who is one of the sweetest and most patient young people going I think. To be honest I don't think I could ask for a better brother, I probably should tell him this more because he has put up with me and my quirks for so many years.

However I have been on my medication for 2 and half years now and it has worked wonders for me, it has helped me to be able to gain so much more control over my emotions, which means we have grown closer as a family so much and I love it :) Family are so important and now that I have got control over so many more things and understand more about aspergers and why I act the way I do we have been able to do so many lovely things as a family where things have gone okay and well our holiday to Wales was one of them.

We managed to go a whole week with no arguments, and I didn't ruin the holiday for Dom, we even went out for walks as a family without any arguments. Now to some of you this may all sound so silly but this really is a big achievement for me that I'm starting to be able to go on holiday and enjoy it, and my family enjoy it with no real big arguments.


We did have a small minor argument in the last couple of hours of the last day as we were packing up but now we all understand me and my ways so much more we were able to see what led up to me feeling the way I did, which were things like packing which I find stressful as things are changing, going home because I've not been feeling myself lately and I'm really struggling with friendships and am feeling very lonely and low at the moment and I was relaxed and happy where we were staying in Wales so wanted to stay. Now again these are only little things, but little things can lead to an explosion. This situation was dealt with by going for a walk with Barney and my mum following  along behind, as when I'm in a mood I'm best left alone to calm down.

My calm down walk with Barney along the beautiful canal! 

This really was only a minor thing and didn't ruin the holiday, In fact I think this holiday was one of the best as well as being stress and argument free ones we have ever had which resulted in us all having a great holiday and that is why to me this is another one of my achievements as a couple of years ago a holiday would have been more stress for everyone than it was worth and now we are able to all go away and have a fantastic time! Remember the little things are more often the big things so it's worth remembering them and celebrating them :) 


The Barney Picture today is one of him on one of the walks we did in Wales! He was obviously yawning and I managed to catch it in a photo, it makes me chuckle, looks like he is trying to say something! He is not however in my good books today as he has decided to roll in fox poo and he STINKS, literally the smell is so bad I can't even describe it we have had to open all the kitchen windows for air! Silly dog must have had a good old roll in it, me and mum are going to attempt to bath him later! Bath times aren't Barney's favourite thing!

Hope you are all well and jolly

Anna-Louise
xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig