Sunday 8 February 2015

My First Yankee Candle


Hellooooo there :) 

How are you all today? Hope all is fine and dandy and that you have had a lovely weekend! Did any of you get up to anything exciting? I've been working a lot and also held a surprise meal to celebrate my parent's 25th wedding anniversary! It went down well which is good. My dad has also been a super dad this weekend and rearranged my room for me, much happier now! I get a bit stressed if things aren't quite right so he has made it much better and I think the word is airier. 

Today's post is only going to be a short one (every time I say this it ends up being a long one) but it's something I wanted to do a post about....

Since I have become less anxious and panicky (thank you tablets) I have begun to like candles for the first time. I have always liked the thought of candles however until recently I was always convinced that the would set the house on fire. In the past when my mum would light candles I would wait for her to go out the room and then blow them all out. I would also make sure that there was someone always in a room when there are candles lit to supervise the candles. I still will not leave candles in a room lit when there is not someone in it. This may sound crazy but my brain would always over think and think of the worst possible outcome. It's no where near as bad now but when I'm going through a rough patch I start to over think again. 

Anyway as I'm now much more chilled than I used to be I have started to enjoy candles and am slowing building up a collection. They have to be smelly candles as I find them relaxing and well non smelly ones are just boring if you ask me. Primark do some really nice smelly candles that are really affordable so if you are after some new candles and are on a budget go and check the homeware department in Primark.

As I have got more used to candles and have realised that they won't always catch on fire, I have treated myself to my first Yankee candle!! I have always loved the smell of Yankee candles and my dad has been as massive fan of them for as long as I can remember, he always has one on the go in his office. One of the things I love about Yankee candles is that there is such a wide variety of smells, sizes and shapes etc, so it was a bit overwhelming choosing which one to pick. I happened to be in Clinton Card's with my dad one day and there was loads of Yankee candles for sale and one in particular caught my eye. I had gone round and smelt loads of other ones but nothing was quite as good as the one I had narrowed it down to. I'm not very good at describing scents but to me it is sort of a sweet floral smell. 


The one I went for was called LOVELY KIKU and is a light purple colour. I didn't buy one from Clinton's as they are quite expensive and my dad managed to get it much cheaper from amazon. Good old amazon hey! 

I'm super impressed with this candle so far. I haven't actually burnt it yet as I quite enjoy just looking at it how it is and smelling it. I sound weird I know! I will get round to burning it soon I am sure and my dad bless him even gave me some tips about the wick and burning the candle that I didn't understand but hey, the thought was there. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Do you like candles? Do you have a favourite candle? What is your favourite Yankee candle?


Today's Barney picture is one of him in a rather muddy state and next to a beautiful muddy puddle! He always manages to get covered in mud and I'm never a fan of cleaning it up. Bring on summer where the dogs are cleaner and there is no mud!

Barney and I hope that you are all well and jolly.

Anna-Louise
xx


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I'm utterly obsessed with Yankee Candle, every time I go out I find a new scent I want to buy haha :) my fav is called "summer scoop"


    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yankee candle is so pretty, salted caramel is definitely my favourite at the moment! How cute is Barney, I'm so jealous!


    Sammy xo.


    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Yankee Candles! I just wish they weren't so expensive :( This colour is gorgeous and sounds amazing!!


    www.whatsasssays.com


    Love Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to buy a yankee candle!! I think it's the price that 'repels' me! Whoops! However, they do smell divine and yours looks wonderful!

    Oh, and what a gorgeous doggy!

    Hope you have a lovely week <3

    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer scoop one smells amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't smelt the salted caramel one yet but sounds like it would be nice May have to check it out! He is a little cutie! Thank you :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you had a look for them on amazon so much cheaper on there! I got the big one for £13!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a look on amazon they are much cheaper on there :) thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina Hughes9 February 2015 at 20:42

    Good old Amazon indeed. This sounds absolutely lovely. I've only recently jumped on the yankee candle bandwagon. I may have to add this one to my hypothetical yankee candle lush list, lol.

    And, I just have to say that Barney is absolutely adorable. :)

    Christina x
    Christina Campbell Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore yankee candles! there's so many gorgeous scents

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £70 worth of missguided vouchers on my blog, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Yankee candles and I've always found scented candles are great for keeping me clam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle Gorman-Kiely18 February 2015 at 17:58

    I love Yankee Candles! Don't think I've ever smelt this one thou! My favourite is their Black Cherry candle! Lovely post :)
    Danielle | simplicityrosex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig