Friday 20 February 2015

Beauty | Current Favourite Makeup Brushes


Helloooo there :) 

How is everyone today?! Hope all is fine and dandy as always if not turn that frown upside down it's nearly the weekend :) Yay I hear you shout! Have any of you got any nice plans this weekend? I'm travelling back from a super holiday in Wales and then working :)

Today I thought I would do yet another beauty post, I'm really enjoying doing beauty posts as it's something I'm really passionate about so I find them easy to write and the words just flow from my mouth to my laptop or something like that!

Since collecting makeup has become a hobby of mine I have also started to build a collection of makeup brushes because the right tools are key for easy application of makeup, and well like makeup you can never have too many brushes so I thought I would share with you my current favourite brushes as I don't know about you but I'm always on the look out for new ways to apply my makeup. I'm also always on the hunt for soft and fluffy brushes as they are the best as they are unbelievably nice on the face.


My current favourite brushes are all face and eye brushes not that you can really get many other ones, I have also said they are my current favourites as they are the ones that work best with my everyday makeup that I'm wearing at the moment as I have found that some makeup goes on better with some brushes than others do. Does anyone else find this? 



Real Techniques Stippling Brush: Now I can imagine most of you will have come across real techniques brushes, who  have been created by the lovely Sam and Nic Chapman who also have a super youtube channel called Pixiwoo where they upload lots of really helpful makeup tips and tricks. I've so far only got a couple of their brushes but I have my eye on their bold metals collection! The great thing about real techniques brushes is that they are high quality brushes at a reasonably affordable price so what's not to love about that?! Now my current favourite brush of theirs is the Stippling Brush. I cannot sing this brush's praises enough, I love it, in fact it's probably my all time favourite face brush too. I use it every day to either put on foundation or tinted moisturiser and it always helps to give me a flawless look finish. I have tried other brushes but always come back to this one, it just helps to blend in my makeup so nicely and easily.


Nanshy Blush Brush: Nanshy is a brand I came across in the summer after hearing some bloggers and vloggers rave about the brand, and I'm so glad I invested in some, I've been super impressed with them and they even rate higher than some of my more higher end brushes. I went for their masterful collection in pearlescent white (I thought the white was a really cute colour for a make up brush) as I wanted both face brushes and eye brushes and I have both their face brush set and eye brush set on my wish list. Their brushes are so soft and help to apply make up beautifully. One of my favourite brushes from the masterful collection and one of my current favourite brush for applying brush is the Nanshy Blush brush. It is a really nice shape for applying blusher and is also really soft, I have tried a number of blush brushes but this is my definite favourite.


Nanshy Powder Brush: Another Nanshy brush!! I just love all their brushes but their powder brush is currently one of my favourite brushes. Their brushes are almost magically soft and this particular one just makes applying powder super easy and almost an enjoyable experience. I'd be lost without this brush for applying my powder!


Zoeva 101 Luxe Face Definier: Now I'm sure most of you will have herd of Zoeva makeup brushes, maybe the rose gold collection in particular. My current favourite is not one from this collection, I'm afraid I don't really like rose gold! Sorry I'm a silver and white gold type of girl. This brush is a fairly new one to my collection but I'm already a big fan of it. I mainly use it for my bronzer or contouring as the shape of it makes it great for this. Like all Zoeva brushes it is super soft and high quality making it easy to apply my makeup with.


MAC 217: Now I can't rate this brush highly enough it has helped to teach me what blending is all about and well I'm grateful to MAC for bringing out a brush for this purpose. I don't think there are many other brushes out there they are as great for blending as the 217 is. I'm a big fan of blending, and this brush has just made the experience of blending eyeshadows enjoyable. If you're after a brush for blending eyeshadows I recommend this brush 100%.


Zoeva 221 Luxe Soft Crease: In my opinion you can never have enough eye brushes as the more you have the less often you have to clean them, but I'm just lazy! I really like blending out my eyeshadows so this brush is another one of my favourites for that purpose and it sure does it's job well.  It's super soft and big and fluffy which makes blending out really easy and you don't have to use much pressure for it to do it's job. I probably use blending brushes more than actual shading brushes as I just find them so easy to use and this is another one of them. I use both this and the 217 on an almost daily basis.


Nanshy Shader: Another Nanshy brush I know but I just love them so much like I've said further up the post! This Nanshy brush is a flat shader which makes it perfect for applying eyeshadow easily to your lid with almost one sweep. I love this brush because it is a flat shader which means I find it easy to apply a good coverage of eyeshadow without it going everywhere. It's hard to describe this brush really as once you try it for the first time the brush speaks for itself! It's such a good quality brush and next to my blender brushes is my most used eyeshadow brush which is why it's one of my favourites I guess. 


What are your favourite makeup brushes? Are any of them ones that I have mentioned? I really want to try a beauty blender as I have heard they are great for applying foundation, have any of you tried them? 


The Barney picture today is one of him the other day whilst we were on a walk where my dad made me climb a scary big hill. Barney didn't find it scary instead he thought it was great fun and raced up it. He is pretty much fully recovered from his swimmers tail now thankfully so he is a much happier chap again! 

Hope you are all well and jolly :) 

Anna-Louise 
xx



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I absolutely love the real techniques stippling brush and like you it's definitely one of my faves!:)

    www.itslittlelaurenslooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love real technique brushes especially the expert face, I haven't tried the stippling brush. I also want to get my hands on the bold metals brushes. Lovely post enjoyed reading about your favourite makeup brushes x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig