Friday 6 February 2015

5 facts about toilets all over the world


Hellooo there! 

How is everyone today? Hopefully all is well and that you are having a lovely jubbly week. I've had a fairly quiet week this week which has been nice. I went on a lovely dog walk with my friend who is going travelling to India for a month next week! Not my cup of tea, I'm more of a home girl but I'm sure she will have a fantastic time.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone for helping me get to 50 followers, I know to some it's not much but it's the world to me and I'm so grateful! Onward and upwards now :) 

Today I thought I would bring you a slightly different post again, because it's good to be different and like the saying I love, "lets celebrate difference not indifference". This may be your cup of tea or it may not be who knows if it's not I won't take offence if you don't read it. I just thought it would be a bit of a fun post. 

Now I don't know about you guys but I love facts, I could learn new facts all day everyday I just love them. You find out so many interesting new things from facts. Now I always need the loo and whenever I go somewhere I always have to suss out what the toilet situation will be. A bad toilet situation usually means a no go. Crazy I know but that's me :) Anyway my dad and brother were in York and they found a book which they thought would be right up my street, and they sure were right. It was a book full of facts about toilets all over the world. I talked about it briefly here in a previous post. It's literally such a fascinating book, I love sharing the information I learn from it with everyone even the customers in the pub! I think they just think I'm mad! Anyway I thought today I would share with you lot some facts that I found really interesting from this book and a toilet fact that I have known for years :)

  • Loo's with a view are usually only found in men's rooms. The Atrium Cocktail Bar in Collins Tower in Melbourne Australia has a floor to ceiling amazing view of Melbourne. However if your not a fan of heights this probably isn't the loo for you. 
  • At Sketch, 9 Conduit Street London they have giant oblong eggs for toilets which look very alien like. The eggs either light up blue or pink on the inside with a smaller light on the outside so you can tell which loo is which. Blue for gents and pink is for girls. They sound like such cool toilets I'm definitely going to have to check them out at some point. 
  • Have you ever herd of a collapsible toilet?! Well if not now you have!! Jimmy's ThunderBox™ folds up completely into a nice little flat square. Perfect for travelling and a loo on the go! It's pretty simple to work too, all you have to do is dig a hole in the ground then put your box up above the hole and do what you have to do! Simple hey! 
  • Nalunega Island , San Blas, Archipelago! Here Kuna people have their toilets as literally just sheds with holes in the ground over the sea. Hopefully you can work out the rest. Anyway  tourists have quite often been seen to naively swim/snorkel underneath these toilets, which the local children find hilarious wouldn't you?! We just have to hope that the toilets are not in use when people snorkel underneath otherwise that would be just a little bit unfortunate!!
  • Twinning your toilet!  I think this is the best idea ever as well as a funny one and yes we have done it, our family has twinned one of our toilets. This is a great way of raising money for people in poor communities in other parts of the world to enable them to have a proper working toilet and clean water. This organisation does not only provide them with a loo but it also teaches them about hygiene which is important for them to learn about as it helps towards the prevention of disease spreading and results in less deaths in children. It's a simple thing to take part in. All you have to do is pay a £60 donation and then you can twin a toilet from your house, work school, grans house, from anywhere you want to really with a toilet for people in a poor country. And guess what is even better?! You then get a picture of the toilet you have twinned yours with, what more could you want hey?! If this sounds like something that interests you then go check them out here http://www.toilettwinning.org/

Here is the picture of our twinned toilet we have it framed and it lives in our downstairs toilet! We are really proud of it :) 


The Barney picture today is of him and Pluto on his favourite chair for a snooze. He usually always takes a toy with him to cuddle when he sleeps! He is so cute, as I'm writing this he is on the chair with his duck! Bless him! 

Hope you are all well and jolly 

Anna-Louise 
xx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Haha I love this! So different - I love the twinning your toilet too - something good to put in the loo which also helps people. I can't remember where it is, but somewhere they have public toilets with one way glass so you can see out and see everyone but they can't see in! Would be so odd! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha twinning toilets is the best idea ever and it's fun :) those toilets sound so cool but like you say would be very strange! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig