Sunday 25 January 2015

Mini Beauty haul | Liz Earle, O.P.I



Hellooo there!!

How are you lovely people today?! It's Sunday isn't it so some of you may be feeling sad that it's Monday tomorrow well if that's the case turn that frown upside down :) If you don't get that saying well I'm no good at explaining it but its something to do with smiling instead of frowning and well a smile being the opposite of a frown I think don't hold me to this explanation, core that was a big word for me! 

Fun Fact: Giraffes don't make a noise/have a sound. 
I find that sad but cool, hopefully they don't feel left out they shouldn't because they are taller than most other animals that do make a noise. I guess some people just like being quiet. How cool would it be if we had Giraffes instead of cars?! Or is that just me? Let me know what you think! 

Sorry I haven't posted over the last couple of days, I have been working a lot and have been rather stressed and tired and when I feel like that I tend to scream and shout and let it all out (see what I did there using song lyrics hey ) so blog posts didn't get written! However I did say I was going to do a blog post every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and then any others would be extra's so this one is Sunday's as I didn't want to let you all down! 

I may have bought one or two or more beauty products this week, I know all in one week hey so I thought I would share with you guys what I purchased :) 

I don't know about you lot but I love anything beauty related! I'm always reading blog posts and reviews about different beauty products and looking for new ones to try! I also love beauty products as they have really helped me with my confidence as I feel if I look good I will feel good about myself. 

The first thing I bought this past week was a hand and body lotion from O.P.I. You may be thinking I thought they did nail varnish but oh no they also do the most amazing hand and body lotion. They are know as O.P.I Avojuice Skin Quenchers, the one I got was the Jasmine one the smell is amazing! I have seen them in a couple of nail salons before now and have loved them and went for a Spa day on Monday and they sold them there and well you know what it's like when you see something that smells great and you have herd lots of good things about you just have to get it don't you?! There are 10 different Avojuice flavours, I say flavours but please don't try eating them, I think what I mean is smells? Maybe I don't know but you get where I'm coming from right?! The thing I love about this so much is the smell of them, there is nothing better than putting on a fruity moisturiser especially at this time of year as it reminds me of summer and my skin needs a lot of love and care as it tends to get very dry during the winter months! If you haven't already checked one of these delicious moisturisers out I definitely recommend that you do.


Now I don't know about you guys but I really suffer with dry skin during the winter months especially on my face. In the summer my skin is pretty normal apart from the odd breakout. I used to use E45 cream on my face after a cleanser but I was finding that it just wasn't getting rid of my dry skin. Don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of E45 and however it just wasn't working with my skin. I happened to be speaking to my grandma who also suffers with dry skin and she could not recommend enough Liz Earle enough to me! Good old grandma for the recommendation hey! She told me that she has being using Liz Earle skincare products for too many years for me to remember now and they have always combated her dry skin so I thought why not give them a go and I tell you what so far I'm incredibly impressed. I also did a little bit of research about them as a brand before and another thing that really appealed to me is that all their products are made from active ingredients which is great as even if you have sensitive skin these products should not aggravate it. I popped off to my local John Lewis to pick up a few bits and bobs and after using them for less than a week so far I have noticed a considerable difference to my skin! 




One of my favourites so far that I picked up from Liz Earle is the Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish set. I absolutely love this cleanser so far. I can tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to taking make up off and would quite just use a make up wipe to take it off. However now I have tried this I don't think I will take my make up off any other way! Taking make up off has never been so easy. The set comes with 2 muslin cloths and the cleanser in the little bag. All you have to do to take you make up off is put the cleanser onto you face dry then run the muslin cloth under hot water and then wipe it off and then splash your face with cold water. It's literally as easy as that and it even removes heavy make up which is great as there is nothing worse than spending ages trying to get your eye make up off. If you are looking for a new cleanser, I recommend trying this one I don't think you'll regret it! I don't think I'll use any other cleanser now which is a big thing as the one I was using before this I had been using for years but that's my old aspergers for you and I don't like to change my routine but this was definitely worth changing for. 



I also picked up the Skin Repair Moisturiser For Dry/Sensitive Skin and am also in love with it. It's a rich creamy texture and leaves your skin feeling super smooth and soft. It's great, I've only been using this a few days and it's already made a enormous difference to my dry skin, it's now lovely and soft again. It comes in this cute little pot and has a smell but I'm no good at describing smells so I won't. 




The other two products I picked up from Liz Earle was the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask and Gentle Face Exfoliator. When I went to John Lewis they had a deal on which meant I got the Exfoliator for free which was great as I had gone there to buy it anyway. I haven't yet tried out these two products myself yet as well you know what they say time flies when your having fun and both of these are not daily treatments. My grandma had recommend both though so I'm sure when I do find some time to pamper myself I will be just as impressed as I have been with the other two products I have used. Here are the links for both the Gentle Face Exfoliator  the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask .




Barney and I went for a lovely sunny walk yesterday morning with my daddy :) It was nice to have a good bit of sun although it was incredibly chilly, I regretted not wearing more clothes, silly sun made me think it was warm! He enjoyed a splash in the stream as he loves water and finds it anywhere, he mainly enjoys finding sticks in the water he is strange like that. 


Hope you are all well and jolly 

Anna-Louise 
xx



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Like the new layout and pics! You should get commission on the sale of the various products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not a chance if your a small blogger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig