Wednesday 18 February 2015

Lifestyle // 10 things that make me happy


Hello there :) 

How is everyone today! I hope everyone is feeling well and jolly and that you are all having super weeks. I'm away on holiday with my family in Wales and with Barney of course. We are staying next to this beautiful canal, which weirdly is up in a hill. You wouldn't think you could get canals in the hills would you, it seems a bizarre place to put one but there was obviously some logic to it many moons ago when they built it. 

I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported my blog and followed it! I now have over 100 followers on bloglovin which I know is not much to some people but it means the world to me so thank you so much everyone! I will be holding a giveaway when I'm back from Wales so watch this space :) 

Today I thought I would do a post about the things that make me happy as I haven't been feeling overly happy recently and I always feel that it's important to focus on the positives and the things that make you smile so that's what I'm doing and I'm sharing them in a blog post with you :)


My Dog: Now I'm sure if you have been following my blog for a while now you probably would have guessed that Barney makes me happy. To me he is the best dog in the world and my best friend and he never fails to make me crack a smile. 

My Family: To me family are incredibly important and I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such a loving and supportive family who can make me smile even when my dad makes me climb scary big hills and I get grumpy. I love them all to pieces and well I'm incredibly grateful for everything they do for me the certainly do make me happy :)  


This is my great uncle Alan and great auntie Bet, It was Al's 70th birthday whilst we where away!

My Work: Now this might sound strange saying that my work makes me happy and makes me smile but a year ago I was too frightened to leave the house and having aspergers makes working and maintaining a job difficult and my work have welcomed me and made me feel like part of the family and given me a purpose every week  as well as improving my confidence and well that makes me happy :) 

My Bed: Now who's bed doesn't make them happy right?! I love my bed, we spend a lot of time together especially as I sleep a lot since having M.E. and well I look forward to getting into it every time. I smile to myself when I'm tucked up all warm in it, sad I know but hey ho :) 

My Blog: Although I am relatively new to this whole blogging thing my blog already makes me incredibly happy! I love my blog! I look forward to writing new posts and sharing things I love and general rambles and it has also helped me find my love for photography again as well as enabling me to interact with others and giving me another purpose to life. 

Makeup: Where do I start with makeup?! It's completely changed me and given me so much confidence as well as helping me to find a career path in life. I love everything to do with makeup from finding out and trying new products to putting it on and wearing it which I find incredibly therapeutic! I love wearing it and I always have some sort of a smile on my face when I'm doing anything to do with makeup. 

Photography: I have recently found my love for photography again and I'm so glad I did as I love capturing special moments in life, experimenting with different ways of taking photographs also taking photographs makes me smile and I love looking back on them. 

Music: I have always loved music, not playing it but listening to it, I dread to think how much money I have spent on it over the past years. I find that it helps calm me down when I'm stressed or angry and there is always a piece of music for every life situation. I think it would be cool if life was like high school musical and we popped into song at random times! Don't you? 


Aeroplanes: Now this may sound a strange thing to make me happy but I love planes and flying and everything to do with planes. I always wanted to be a pilot when I was older however circumstances have changed making this not possible but that hasn't stopped me loving flying and aeroplanes. I find them sooo interesting does anyone else? 

(this is me actually flying a real plane! I was trusted with full controls)

Food: Saying that food makes me happy makes me sound like I'm enormous I'm not I just love food who doesn't?! I'm always thinking about the next meal apart from lunch I'm not a fan of that! Breakfast and puddings are the best!! What's your favourite type of food? 


I hope you all enjoyed pancake day this week!! What did you have in your pancakes?

What things make you happy? :) 


Today's Barney picture is of him lying by the log burner where we are staying, I think he loves the warmth as he is always by it! Poor Barney has managed to get Swimmers Tail this week which means he has sprained his tail from too much swimming! So we had to have an emergency visit to the vets for some pain killers as he was in a lot of pain poor boy. It stopped him from being able to move his tail but he is on the mend and we are getting some small wags again, we just won't be going swimming again this holiday! 

Hope you are all well and jolly 

Anna-Louise
xx


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Bed, blog, makeup and food are definitely something we have in common, plus you're dog is super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with these, minus the flying - I hate flying haha. My brother also wanted to be a pilot but circumstances took this away from him too. He still finds them so interesting though! Xx


    foreverebekka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely little post :) I love taking time to appreciate the simple things in life that make me smile, because it's so easy to forget to do so when your caught up in everyday life! Completely agree on the food part, breakfast is my absolute favourite! And your dog is too cute!! :)
    Nicole xx
    www.lifeinginger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! :) To recall all your achievements big or small, and to remember what you love in life is such a nice way of self motivation. I hope you have a better time the rest of the week :) Chin up and keep smiling, you're doing great.


    P.S. The images of food on your blog makes me wanna stuff my face with some pancakes or something sweet.


    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post a nice change from the rants, complaints and negativity we are used to seeing online it's nice to reflect on your life and truly appreciate everything you have :)

    Thank you for sending along your link during that chats this evening :)

    Hannah xx


    Hannah | Granite City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was interesting and different, I loved it :) I can relate to a lot of these things too!
    And you flying that plane is truly impressive!!


    Inês x


    ipeachycoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pancakes look delicious! Your dog is so cute too. I love reading posts like this :) x

    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww thank you :) exactly and it's often the simple and little things in life that are the big important ones too :) yes another person who loves breakfast! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, your comment was very lovely :) made me smile :) pancakes are so yummy, there should be more than one pancake day every year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you :) I think that's it really important that we all take time to reflect on things in life and appreciate the things we have, I think this can often be something people forget to do in the busy life's and reflecting on the good things can make you smile :)


    I think I'm following your blog now :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad there were things that you were able to relate to in this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never beat home cooked food, by far the best food :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. They were delicious to eat too! Aww thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig