Thursday 5 February 2015

Beauty // pinky, nudeish mac lipsticks // and winter walks #2


Hellooo there :) 

How is everyone today?! Hope you are all okay! It's Friday tomorrow which means it's almost the weekend yay! The sun is currently shining through my bedroom window as I write this I love the sun it's such a happy thing. Whenever I think of the sun I always think about the teletubbies sun for some reason! Do you guys remember that programme? Not sure if it's still around or not! I've just remembered I've left my retainer downstairs, I should be wearing it but I'm too comfy and lazy to go downstairs and get it. Why are sofas so comfortable! I'm joined on the sofa today by the lovely Barney who is fast asleep! Must be such a nice life being a dog. 

Today I thought I would do a beauty post because why not. I love all things beauty, and am hopefully going to train to become a make up artist later on in the year which is exciting. We just have to find the right course for me and my needs because having aspergers has meant that college has never really worked for me, so it's important to find the right course as dropping out again would not be ideal! Although I have improved loads since I was at sixth form and then college so who knows what will happen! Can you imagine what it would be like if we could see into the future?! I'm not sure I would really want to would you? 

Anyway today I'm going to share with you my MAC lipsticks. I only have 3 at the moment and they are all pink and nude shades. I have a list of ones I would like to add to my collection though as you can never have too many MAC lipsticks. I love the idea of bold lipsticks but they are just not me! I prefer the more subtle colours as I like to blend in and go unnoticed when I go out and about so these colours are perfect for that!

The 3 shades that I have are:

Velvet Teddy
Viva Glam V
Creme Cup

Velvet Teddy, Viva Glam V, Creme Cup



Velvet Teddy has been incredibly popular recently espcially since it was released that Kylie Jenner used it. MAC lipsticks come in 7 different finishes with Velvet Teddy being one of their matte ones. As it is a matte finish the colour pay off is rather strong and its also a bit more drying of the lips. This doesn't bother me as personally I love this lipstick but if your not a fan of matte lipsticks then this one would not be for you. I love the name of this lipstick it just reminds me of cuddly teddy bears. One of the reasons I went for this lipstick was because I loved the name so much. I'm not very good at describing colours so I apologise now but it's sort of a light brown nude colour. Just a nice little addition to any collection really :) 


Viva Glam V is one of my favourite ever lipsticks. I just love it! The colour is a pure neutral pink which makes it a great subtle pretty lipstick and it has a Lustre finish. It's just a beautiful shade that you can wear with almost any look which I think is one of the reasons I love it so much. It's a great choice to go for if you have quite a heavy eye look going on as this is just very subtle shade to wear. As you can see this lipstick has a red and black packaging instead of the typical black and silver packaging the reason for this is because it is part of the Viva Glam collection and the full price of these lipsticks and lip glosses goes to the MAC Aid's fund which is a registered charity and the money then goes to helping people all over the world who are affected by HIV and Aids. 


Creme Cup is also one of my all time favourite lipsticks. It is a very popular shade and incredibly wearable. I also, like most girls, love pink so obviously a pink lipstick is a necessity. I pretty much always carry this shade with me in my handbag and if I'm in a rush and can't decide what lipstick to wear I always reach for this one. The finish of Creme Cup is cremesheen and has a really nice feel on the lips. If you don't already have a pink MAC lipstick I would definitely recommend this one as it's not to bright but not too light! Annoyingly the photo hasn't shown how lovely the colour really is! I do apologise.



Creme Cup, Viva Glam V, Velvet teddy

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?

I stayed at my grans for a night this week as it was my Mum and Dad's 25th wedding anniversary! Congratulations to them :) So anyway they went and stayed in London for one night and I don't like being home alone so went to stay with my lovely grandparents. Barney, Ben (grandparents dog) and Katie (our other dog) went on icy walk with me and my Gran! Let me tell you it was freezing, I thought I was going to lose my hands. Barney had a lovely time, he loves the walks around my grandparents house so I thought I would share a couple of photos and obviously a Barney one like always.




This photo makes me chuckle as Ben was waiting for a treat thinking that my camera was a treat and it looks like he is smiling.



Ben was being more photogenic than Barney, again I think this was because he thought the camera was a treat silly thing. Katie doesn't sit still for long enough to get a photo and she was a little bit chilly as we forgot her coat so she kept on the move and was trying to catch mice. 

I hope you are all well and jolly 

Anna-Louise 
xx










SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Mac lipsticks are amazing! Oh no How can you lose them?! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear so much about Creme Cup I think I need it in my life :p It looks like such a lovely everyday shade. Also CUTE DOGS oh my goddddd so adorable!!! I wish all blog posts included cute dog photos :') xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice Brocklebank9 February 2015 at 13:14

    I don't think I'd look into the future if I had the option, I'd be too scared I'd see something I didn't like! Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous, I've been wanting one for so long, but I live in a flat so it wouldn't be fair. I love MAC lipsticks and Velvet Teddy is on my to-buy list already, so you've just made me want it more!

    Alice Grace Beauty



    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have to get creme cup! It's so easy to wear! I take it everywhere! Aww thank you! That would be amazing if they did wouldn't it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be weird knowing what was going to happen next! Aww thank you! Maybe a little dog that doesn't need much walking they would probably be okay in a flat :) you definitely need to add velvet teddy to your collection :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig