Sunday 1 March 2015

Mini Homeware Haul #2


Hello there :) 

How are you all?! Hope all is fine and dandy and that you have had a super weekend! Have any of you done anything exciting? I've been working and sleeping, the sleeping has been the best bit, my bed is just so comfortable I never want to leave it, in fact beds in general are comfy, who ever invented them thank you so much for creating such an incredible thing! 

So I asked someone I work with today what animal they would be if they had the choice, and they said a unicorn, I'd be a dog in a good home :) what would you guys be? 

Recently I have been collecting a couple of little bits and bobs for my room as my dad kindly rearranged my room which means I have been on the hunt for things to complete the room. I also love homeware, it's all just so pretty. Where's your favourite place to shop for homeware? 


I'm obsessed with candles at the moment ever since I overcame my fear of them and now seem to be buying them and candle related things all the time at the moment. Near where we stayed in Wales recently there was this massive Waitrose, it was so exciting we went there pretty much everyday and the even better thing about this particular Waitrose was that it had a good sized homeware section in it, I like to describe it as a mini John Lewis section it was so cool. Anyway they had lots of cute bits and bobs at some great prices with one of them even being reduced so I couldn't resist. 

The first thing I picked up was a super cute candle holder, well I think it was a candle holder and that's what I have used it for anyway but I'm sure you could use it for whatever you wanted, it would probably make a nice pen holder too! It makes an amazing pattern when you have a candle in it which is one of the things I love about it. 


The other thing I picked up from the amazing Waitrose was some fake flowers. I have been after some for ages but have never found the right ones at a good price so when I saw these I fell in love and even more so when I found out they were reduced. I love flowers but only tend to have them in my room when my Dad is cute and buys them for me (which is rare) so I wanted some that would look nice all the time so thought some fake flowers would be the perfect addition for brightening up my room :) 


I recently bought my first Yankee candle and my Dad is a bit of a yankee candle expert (well he likes to think he is) so he lent me a yankee candle topper as apparently they help the candle to burn evenly. There are loads of different ones you can get and whilst I was away I came across a pink one and as I love everything pink I thought it would be perfect for my yankee candle. When your candle is alight it produces a lovely pattern on the wall, which looks really pretty. 


I recently went into this really pretty shop full of lots of lovely homeware bits and bobs and came across a little dish with a some lovely words in it. It says Enjoy all the little things in life as one day you look and realise they were the big things.  I love sayings like this as I think it's important to always think about the positives so thought this would be great dish to store my rings and earrings in. 


These drink jars have become really popular recently, I've seen them on lots of blogs and in magazines. They are great for putting smoothies and cocktails in or if your boring like me just water.  The thing I love about these are that they aren't like a normal glass which makes them quite fun to drink out of and well they are just a bit different. 




The Barney photo today is another one of him in Wales. He is currently lying at my feet fast asleep after having a bone although he is now producing some horrible smells. Smelly dog!! We went for a lovely 6 mile walk the other day which Barney loved! 

Hope you are all well and jolly :)

Anna-Louise 
xx



SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I need to get some of these things! I've recently gotten over my fear of candles also so I've been loving them too :-)

    http://nicolemmorgan.blogspot.com

    Nicole
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love some this stuff specially the little dish. It's so cute x


    peepintokslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Mattholie4 March 2015 at 18:45

    High five for getting over your fear of candles too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Mattholie4 March 2015 at 18:47

    thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dog!! Soo cute. I was thinking of investing in a yankee candle soon - I hadn't heard of the candle topper but really pleased I have now! Makes a lot of sense :) Lucy, www.aspectatorsport.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig