Thursday 19 March 2015

Lifestyle | Tips to try and relax


Hello there :) 

How is everyone today? Hope you are all well and jolly! Have you been up to anything exciting this week? Maybe jumped out of a plane (safely) or met someone famous or maybe just rowed a boat? I'd love to say I have done something exciting this week but, that would be a lie and lying is bad! I've spent a lot of time with a good friend of mine called bed! It's so comfy and cosy!

I've kind of lost a bit of my blogging enthusiasm recently but that's probably because I have lost a lot of enthusiasm with life. I'm going through a low phase at the moment, I know why but when your so down it's hard to get out of feeling like you do. I seem to cry all the time at the moment, I don't want to get out of bed or leave the house, I feel like I just don't know how to be happy at the moment and I'm fed up. So I guess when I feel like this it's hard to blog because I don't have anything to blog about! Anyone have any tips for feeling happy? Please send them my way if you do! 

FUN FACT : Prawns are not always a pink/orange colour, they are instead a blue/grey colour before they are cooked! They look much better when they are cooked, they look a bit creepy before hand! 

So my mum bless her has been racking her little brain at the moment for ways for me to relax and things for me to do to cheer me up so I thought I would share them with you in case you are feeling under the weather too, as it's all about helping each other right :) 

  • Smelly Candles : Whenever I'm feeling a bit stressed I love to have smelly candles on in my room, I find them super relaxing and it makes my room smell nice and gets rid of any Barney fart smells. 


  • Read a book: I love reading, well I do when I manage to stay awake to actually read a book, I find reading very relaxing and also a great way to help me sleep if I can't. I've also joined a book club recently which is great although I haven't managed to read any of the book club books yet! 


  • Listen to music: Now this is one of my favourite things to do to relax, I love just putting my headphones on and forgetting the world and listening to music. I also find this a great way to calm me down when I'm feeling angry. 


  • Face Mask: I find face masks so relaxing, although I did try one of those peel off ones the other day and that was lovely till I tried to take it off, I thought my whole face was going to come off! Anyway I think they are a great way to relax, it's always important to pamper yourself and it's a great way to destress. 


  • Have a bath: Nothing beats having a nice relaxing bath, well a spa or hot tub would maybe, but annoyingly I don't have either of those in my house. Baths are so relaxing especially when you have a nice bath bomb to put in it or some lovely bubble bath! Bubbles are the best, I like to make a beard out of the bubbles to try and imagine what it would be like to be santa! Does anyone else do that?! 


  • Watch TV: This is something I have always loved to do to relax. I tend to watch TV shows such as Friends and Big Bang as they are two of my all time favourites and watching them makes me feel like I'm there and I'm friends with them. I was in bed for most of year 11 with ME and Friends is one of the only things that kept me sane! I've recently become a massive PLL fan too so that's what I watch at the moment. Netflix was the best purchase ever! 


  • Getting my nails done/painting nails: I love having nice nails, I instantly feel happier strange but there is just something so great about having good nails. I was lucky enough to be treated to getting my nails done by my gran this week, I love getting them done it's so relaxing and the people are so lovely where I go. The only annoying thing is that it costs money so I only get them done for treats or when I can afford it and if I can't I will paint my nails :) 


  • Spending time with Barney: This is the best thing and always helps me to relax/calm down/destress. Spending time with my best friend is the best thing in the world. He is always there for me and I can tell him all my troubles and he doesn't tell them to anyone (he couldn't if  he wanted to though). He doesn't judge me and he loves me, he is always by my side when I need him even if I'm cross or upset. Taking him for walks in the countryside or playing ball with him is a great way to relax as I love seeing him so happy and it's so peaceful!  I couldn't ask for a better dog to own, he is one in a million. 


(this is his new favourite toy) 

What things do you do to relax?? 



The Barney picture today is one of him curled up on my bed with his pheasant. Poor Barney just wanted to sleep and then there was me putting a camera in his face! He just takes such pretty pictures I can't help it! 

Hope you are all well and jolly :) 

Anna-Louise
xx











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig