Monday 16 March 2015

Beauty | Combating those annoying dry lips


Hello there :) 

How are you all? Hope you all had great weekends and that you are all fine and dandy! I hope you all spoilt your mothers on mothers day! I was working so didn't get to spoil mine quite how I would have liked to, I think she knows how much I love her though, and look up to her and am incredibly grateful for everything she does for despite me not being the easiest of people to live with and bring up! So thank you mum for everything you do for me, I couldn't ask for a better mother! The sun has gone this week, so if you happen to read this sun, please come back and shine as that makes me feel happy! 

 Anyway I thought I would do another beauty post as I seem to be in the mood for these at the moment. I don't know about you guys but I find that during the winter months my lips tend to suffer a bit from the harsher weather and need a lot of TLC. I'm always trying to prevent getting dry lips because once they are they can be so painful and lipstick never looks great when you have annoying dry lips. I put on a form of lip balm at least once a day to keep my lips in tip top condition and I wouldn't be able to do this without my trusty lip balms. So today I thought I would share with you the lip saviours in my life :) 



Lush Lip Scrub 

Now this lip product is one that has only come in to my life recently and its fair to say it was love at first sight or smell maybe. I can honestly say this is one of the best smelling lip products I have ever come across and I'm so glad I did. Let me tell you all a little secret....sometimes I just like to smell it. Weird I know but I'm sure there are others out there who do the exact same because it smells amazing. This lip product is a LUSH one which is probably why it smells so nice, most things from lush do! The particular one that I am talking about is the LUSH lip scrub in Popcorn. I love putting this on my lips as I find it helps make them super soft, it also tastes great although I'm probably not meant to eat it! 




The next lip product in my lip balm collection was one that I kindly got from a lady who's horses I used to help look after and ride. She is somebody who always likes to get people practical presents and things that people will use (she also got me socks) and I have used both my presents lots. She chose this particular lip balm as it is one she has had before and loved. She found that it lasted a long while which is great. I haven't used much of this lip balm yet, I love the smell of it but I find it hard to get much product out, it's not an overly moisturising one in my opinion. 



Burt's Bees Lip Balm

This lip balm is another one I got for christmas, people obviously thought I had dry lips or something. I was really excited to get this one as I have heard lots of good things about Burt's Bees products and I have not been disappointed. I love this, it smells great and is really easy to apply and have found it makes my lips really smooth :) 



Dr PAW PAW lip balm

I received this lip balm in Februarys Look Fantastic beauty box. It's not a brand I had heard of before I received this product but I've been really impressed with it, despite the strange name. It doesn't have much of a smell, and the product is a sort of clear gel but it works great and is really easy to apply. You also don't need much product for it to do it's job :) 



Vaseline

Now who doesn't own a pot of or tin of Vaseline?! I think this is the first lip product I ever bought, not this exact one obviously. I love vaseline for a lip product, it works great and it's super moisturising and really easy to apply. Just don't let it get too hot because then it goes too soft and runny and you then always get more than you need. My favourite one is the rosy lips one as it gives a very subtle pink colour to your lips. 


EOS Lip Balm 

I absolutely love this lip balm, it's my all time favourite so much so that I take it everywhere with me. It smells amazing, has great packaging, is easy to apply so what more can you ask for. I can't remember which one I have as there are so many all I know is that it's the red one. It makes my lips super smooth and gives them the TLC that they need. I will definitely be purchasing more EOS lip balms in the future :) They are about £5.99 each and some of them also come in sets. These lip balms have featured in a couple of music videos and adverts so they are quite well known and loved. 




The Barney picture today is yet again of him on a dog walk, but I guess that's because we walk twice everyday and I'm always taking my camera with me unless it is raining. He was sick on the carpet this morning which was rather amusing, my parents didn't think so! I pretended I was still asleep so I didn't have to clear it up, I can just about tolerate picking up dog poo, but dog sick is a big no no! Not that you all wanted to know that but now you do! 

Hope you are all well and jolly 

Anna-Louise 
xx









SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I haven't used a lot of the products that you mentioned, but I have used many lip products over the years. No matter how highly recommended they were by somebody, they never are as good as Vaseline so I always just stick to that. Lucky for me that the good product is the cheapest one too :)
    joyfullantidotes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with Barney! what a handsome fella! I love multi use balms they are such fab products! If you love lip scrubs defo try out elfs one its amazing and really cheap x

    now following on g+ and bloglovin xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lush Lip Scrubs are so good. Aww Barney's so cute as well xx


    peepintokslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lush lip scrubs, and I have a couple of EOS balms from America. I want to try the burts bees one now, it looks lovely!

    Suitcase and
    Sandals Blog
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try Burt's Bees! Always needed a lip balm because my lips chap so easily. :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig