Thursday 12 March 2015

FOTD | Quick and easy everyday spring makeup


Hello there :) 

How is everyone today?! Hope all is fine and dandy and that the sun is shining nice and brightly with you :) I hope you are all having fantastic weeks, not long to go till the weekend and Mothers Day! Have any of you got any nice plans for Mothers Day? I'm working, we are fully booked twice over so it's going to be a busy old day fingers crossed we might get some good tips though! My Dad being the best Dad in the world took me to the cinema today as I'm really struggling at the moment and feeling quite low. Friendships seem to be a big problem at the moment I don't seem to have any, apart from the lovely Hannah from Suitcase and Sandals ( go check out her blog it's a lovely one). Having Aspergers has meant that friendships have always been a struggle for me and well at the moment I'm just feeling very lonely! Have any of you lovely people got any tips for how to make friends? 

Anyway we went to see Big Hero 6 which is a new Disney film, and it was brilliant and rather funny! Definitely recommend going to see it! I really want to go and see the new Cinderella film, looks so good! Is anyone going to see it? Let me know what you think of it!! 

So today I thought I would do another beauty post as that is where my passion really lies and I could talk about beauty products all day long! My favourite bloggers chat at the moment is #bbloggers. I love talking with like minded people about beauty! 

Seen as the weather has started to improve I have changed my makeup a little bit. During the winter months I tend to wear much heavier makeup but when the sun starts to shine I much prefer the subtle and natural looks! Also as the weather gets warmer I don't like to have too much on my face as it makes me feel hotter if that makes sense so I tend to opt for as little as possible. 


For my base I like to use a tinted moisturiser as they provide SPF which is great for added protection in the spring and summer months. Tinted moisturisers are also great because they give your face the moisture they need as well as providing your skin with a subtle tint to even out your skin tone and give your skin a healthy looking glow! I'm currently using No7 tinted moisturiser in fair/medium. I'm not 100% sure yet whether I love this particular one or not, I used it all last summer and my mum is a big fan but I'm just not quite in love. I think I may try some other brands this summer to truly make my mind up. I have heard lots of good things about the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser so I think that's going to be the next one on my list. 

I don't really tend to use a powder or bronzer when I'm using tinted moisturiser as I don't feel my skin needs it so I jump straight in for the blusher. I sometimes use a bit of concealer when I need it but forgot to add it in the photo opps sorry! My current favourite blush at the moment is the Bobbi Brown Cheek Palette in Pink. I absolutely love the colours in it and I think they add a really healthy looking pink colour to my cheeks. 


For an everyday easy makeup look I tend to keep my eyes super simple and I also think simple eyes really helps me to keep a natural looking face. At the moment I'm using a MAC Paint pot in Painterly as this is a lovely nude shade and just provides a lovely base and covers up any veins. 

I then just put some of Benefit Cosmetics roller lash mascara on as this makes my lashes look extra long! And then thats my eyes done, boring I know but it's super quick to do makeup look. 


I'm obsessed with having good brows, always have been since I was about 13! So this is the most important part of any makeup look I do. If I'm really short of time I will just do my brows because having good brows just makes me feel ready to go into the outside world! Crazy I know! Anyway I'm currently using Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade as in my opinion she has some of the best brow products currently on the market (I'm also a big fan of brow wizz) and the great thing about the Dipbrow is that it's perfect for the summer months as it's waterproof and doesn't smudge so even if your face is dripping in sweat your eyebrows still look great! And this product really doesn't move! 
I then use some of the Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel to set everything in place :) 


Then to finish off this look I use my current favourite Lipstick which is MAC Pink Pearl Pop. I absolutely love this lipstick at the moment and think its the perfect colour for spring :) You can read my review on it here


What are your favourite products for spring and summer? 


Today's Barney picture is one of him on a walk the other day! This lovely weather is amazing as it's meant that we have been able to go on some fantastic walks and not come back covered in mud! He looks so handsome in this picture he really does love to pose for the camera! We have just been over the road to play ball which he thought was amazing and is now completely shattered and fast asleep on my bed bless him! I'm so grateful for my dog, he always makes me smile even when I'm feeling down, 100% best dog in the world (well to me anyway). 

Hope you are all well and jolly :) 

Anna-Louise
xx




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Really want to try the roller lash mascara! Barney is so cute :)


    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tops for making friends: be yourself because you are lovely!!! Always nicer to wear less make up in the hotter months, it feels fresher :) I love roller lash! I wasn't keen at first but now I love it. Hopefully when I start working I can afford the real size. Barney is sooo cute! He always looks so handsome. Keep smiling!! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new bobbi brown blush palettes look gorgeous x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely recommend trying it, I think you can still get some sample sizes. aww thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Hannah :) definitely it all runs off your face too when it gets too hot! Keep an eye out for john lewis price match days as it's cheaper then, thats what me and mum did! :) He is a cutie, you will have to meet him when your next home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are really nice and a little goes a long way which is great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig