Wednesday 4 March 2015

Beauty | Current skincare routine


Hello there :) 

How is everyone today? Hope all is fine and dandy and that you are all having a lovely jubbly week :)
We have now had 3 days of proper sunshine here, so Spring definitely feels like it's on it's way at last which is super exciting because Spring and Summer are my favourite seasons and I love the sun it just puts me in such a happy mood and the sun just looks so friendly and happy too, not that I look directly at it, never do that! I just always think of the sun having a happy face with a big cheesy grin and that it looks a bit like the lion. I don't know about you guys but I don't actually know that many facts about the sun, maybe I need to learn some and do some investigating about them. 

Also what do people think of dungarees? There are loads in the shops at the moment which I am super excited about because I love them, but would love to know what you guys think of them! Dungarees always remind me of the countryside. 

Anyway enough of my rambling now, let's talk about what this post is going to be all about. Now I'm sure all of you have your own skincare routines there will be products that you love and products that you hate. I love reading about people's skincare routines as it's a great way to find out about some great products and well I find it interesting finding out what works for people and what doesn't and I have also found some great skincare tips from posts like these so who knows maybe you might take some useful away from this post, even if it is only the bit about Barney at the end of the post. 

(from left to right: Cleanser, Exfoliator, moisturiser, eye cream, moisturising treatment mask, 8hr cream)

Now I never really used to be into skincare, but then I never really used to be into makeup either. Anyway because I never used to be interested in it I didn't really care so didn't have a skincare routine. (I was also just lazy shh) Anyway all I used to use was a face wipe and moisturiser when I could be bothered. My poor skin I know, I feel so guilty for not giving it more TLC sooner. Anyway since I now care more about my skin, I do now have a skincare routine and well I think my skin is very grateful that I do. 



In the summer I tend to have pretty average normal skin, I put suncream on everyday because it protects your skin and I love the smell of it. Anyway my skin tends to be in fairly good condition throughout the summer months. However in the winter my skin tends to suffer more and I get really dry skin and more breakouts, this probably isn't helped by the fact that naturally we all tend to wear more makeup in the winter which although looks great when it's on it can make our skin suffer more. 

Anyway I have now finally got a skincare routine that seems to be working for me which is great and I quite enjoy doing it too, so I thought I would share with you what I use :) Having a proper skincare routine has also helped with my dry skin and has helped to restore my skin to a healthy condition. I have a daily skincare routine and then I have a couple of products that I only use once or twice a week. These products are the ones that have worked for me and the type of skin that I have. 

The daily skin care routine: 

  • Liz Earle  cleanse and polish which is the hot cloth one. I use this everyday twice a day including for removing makeup, which has never been so easy before. I use this with the Liz Earle muslin  cloth. 
Muslin Cloth
  • Liz Earle skin repair moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin (this is a really nourishing moisturiser, works wonders for dry skin) 

  • Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye cream (this is great for helping me feel refreshed and also works as a concealer primer )

  • Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream I use this on my lips every night before bed as it's incredibly moisturising, I also put this on any dry spots that are particularly dry and need that extra bit of help to recover. 

Products I use once or twice a week: 

  • Liz Earle gentle face exfoliator: I tend to use this once or twice a week depending on how much my skin needs it. I only use this after I have cleansed my face first with the cleanse and Polish. 

  • Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask: I use this once a week especially at this time of year to really moisturise my skin. I also only use this after I have used cleaned my face with the cleanse and polish. 



Do you have a skincare routine? What are your favourite skincare products? Do you use any of these products. 


The Barney picture today is of Barney on his walk this morning! He looks super happy in this picture almost like he is smiling bless him! Katie and him were running around the fields this morning like crazy dogs, they just love to play and chase each other. Walking has been lovely at the moment especially with this beautiful sun that we have at the moment. 

Hope you are all well and jolly :)

Anna-Louise 
xx






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never really seen Liz Earle products before! Lovely post
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good skincare routine! I'm always trying to improve mine, I always feel better when my skin is well looked after :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my random rambles, would love to know what you guys think about them :)

© AnnaLouise-M . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig